Monday, September 29, 2008

Metacognition: My Process Thinking

When I write an essay, I usually make an outline. It helps me think clearly and stay focused on my topic. But before that, I put down all of my ideas randomly on paper. I feel that this is the most effective way to get your best ideas out in a concise format. When I brainstorm, I usually try to find connections to my life to the book so I can understand the essay more. I believe my process of writing is effective because I have more information and ideas than I need, so usually I never struggle to put out my ideas. What suprises me about my thinking is how long it sometimes takes me to find a good idea. I estimate how good the idea in my head actually is before I choose it. It is suprising because when I'm writing I am sort of a perfectionist which is not my personality at all. One aspect of the way I think that I like is that I put a lot of ideas into my paper. I could improve my writing if a fully explained each idea. Sometimes I want to put out all the ideas I have which isn't ideal. This is my process of thinking.

No comments: