Monday, October 6, 2008

360 Degrees: Immigration

Immigration is a issue that creates a controversey. A lot of Americans see immigrants as a threat because of their work ethic. But others see them as the backbone of our economy. Do immigrants prevent Americans from getting jobs or do they keep our economy flowing? I think that it works both ways in various degrees of class. Tons of immigrants are taking jobs in companies because of their will to work for less than what an American would expect. So they are essentially taking jobs from Americans. But minimum wage jobs are in abundance, and are flooded with immigrants. Some Americans complain about immigrants taking minimum wage jobs, but these Americans can get these jobs but they chose not to. Should the government not allow more immigrants to come? Isn't America about letting whoever wants to come in? America is the great melting pot, and I believe that we should stand by our reputation.

1 comment:

VSvraka said...

I liked how you used the dialectic between immigrants preventing Americans from getting jobs or are immigrants the ones that keep our economy flowing. Furthermore, I liked how you asked follow up questions. I think that they were very helpful and thought provoking. All in all, I felt like your blog was very informative and I was able to see the immigrant issue thru another perspective.