Friday, May 8, 2009

Metacognition: Do You Mind

When I answer the Do you mind questions, I usually have to take some time to think about the question. I sometimes have to figure out my personality and answer accordingly. For example, A talent you wish you had, was one of the questions. I figured that I am a person who enjoys music and thought that if I could play some of the songs I listened to I would enjoy it even more. I believed that I would have a better understanding of the song if I actually knew how to play it. What suprised me about my thinking process is how I have to visualize myself in different situations to figure out what I would enjoy or want. This part of my process enables me to get a better understanding of myself. The Do you mind questions require us to think about where we see ourselves in the future and what we are going to be doing. These types of questions again require me to visualize where I will be in the future. I enjoy this aspect of my thinking because I can produce a vivid image and answer the questions in detail. Other questions that require us to dig into our past and pick out a rememorable moment is harder for me. I cannot always figure out what specific things in my past I find the most important. I dislike this part of my thinking because I am unable to make up my mind. The Do You Mind questions require a lot of deep thinking.

No comments: