Thursday, May 28, 2009

Best of Today: Early Homo Sapiens

While reading the Arts and Their Interpretation, I found the observations of Homo sapiens really interesting. It is amazing that some of the first works of art were cave paintings. I believe that it shows that while humans evolve, our intellect helps us to be more creative. This gave the earlier humans to create cave paintings. I found it interesting that the Homo sapiens drew a lot of animals. This makes sense though, because they were drawing about things that they knew and were important. I also found it interesting how detailed they drew the pictures. They made dsitinctions between male and female and even drew mammoths that were pregnant. The paintings were drawn to help the future generations learn how to hunt. They repeated the paintings as techniques improved. I believe the early humans wanted to preserve their rituals and traditions, which transformed into great art.

No comments: